Saturday 21 January 2017

2017 Dear Jane Project

So, 2017 I am going to start my Dear Jane quilt. I am going to give my measurements of pieces and some of the processes I have used in doing each of the blocks.

Each finished block will be 5 inches, including seam allowance. I will be using standard piecing when I can, needle turning when necessary and paper piecing if I have to to get the effect/.

I have spend the beginning of January pulling together the fabric I will be using. I an using a tone on tone white for the background. I have purchased 8 metres in hopes that it will be enough (with all the mistakes I will make).

There are 56 plain fabric triangles on the edges, so I was hoping to fine 56 fabrics for the blocks, I don't quite have that, but I can double up a bit on them as needed. My theme colour is navy blue with highlights of deep blue and lighter blues.

Here is a picture of them before I did the fabric frolic and got more of the dark navy patterns.


A bit about the Dear Jane Quilt. This is from a quilt done in 1863 by Jane A. Stickle. There is lots of information about this quilt and Jane on the internet. There are over 229 pieces in this quilt and I hope to get all of them, in time.

So, here I go.

1 comment: