Thursday 23 June 2016

Veteran Quilt for Jeff

Veteran Quilt for Jeff


My Nephew-in Law, Jeff Faucher, was deployed to Afghanistan for a tour and was due to come home a couple of days after I left the states. While my mother was extremely ill, she decided that he needed to have a Veteran Quilt on his return. So the day before she was admitted for the second time in a week, she was down at a fabric store, picking out a pattern and the fabric for it. She was so ill, my sister Mindy and the lovely lady at 5 Hearts Quilts, in Tehachapi, actually picked out the fabric. 


When I arrived later in the week, and Muu was very week, her first thoughts to me where along the lines of, where is the pattern, we need to get it so we can start cutting it out as soon as we get home, etc. I knew she would be ok at that  point.,
She had only been out for a day and we had to go to my sister's so the three of us could get it cut out. My sister had a surprise for us. As it was Memorial Day Weekend, both her daughter and grandson and our niece, Jeff's wife, and three kids also came up to help. We had a so much fun and everyone helped out. 





  

   



After the weekend, Mum and I went back to her place and started sewing. Her friend Carolee came by with her sewing machine and helped us out for the day and then left her machine, so we could could both sew. Even Ginger Snap 'helped'.

  

Here are each of the units as we finished them.

     


We got the quilt top done in a week and sent it off with Barbara for quilting. We where a machine and it was a wonderful feeling getting it done. Looking forward to the photos of the finished quilt.





No comments:

Post a Comment