Saturday 12 March 2016

New Challenge for local Quilting group

The Warby Quilters and Stitches Group in Yarra Junction make a quilt every year that they then raffle off the next year with the proceeds going to a charity. Current groups, to my understanding, are the Cancer Council, Flying Doctors, and a few others.

I decided to help out and challenge myself to help out. This year they are doing a Grandmothers Garden (hex flowers) . Everyone is challenged to do 2 flowers per month for 9 months, a total of 18.

The only requirements are 1) one inch hexes 2) centre to be beige, either plain or slight beige pattern 3) petals can be of any fabric.

SO... I'm in. Here is my start.


Do I look like I'm enjoying myself? I am.

I am still working on quilting a couple of lap rugs. Squee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment